Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Smart Enrichment Hub (“Smart E-Hub”)! Smart E-Hub is an educational technology service provider which offers an online platform where Parents or Students may enroll in enrichment classes to be provided by Smart E-hub accredited Enrichment Providers/ Teachers. While we endeavor to ensure that Enrichment Providers observe a high degree of ethical and professional standards and promote an atmosphere of safety, respect and inclusiveness, the said Enrichment Providers are not employees of Smart E-Hub. Once accredited by Smart E-Hub, Enrichment Providers have control over the curriculum and type of instruction for the enrichment classes provided. For this reason Smart E-Hub denies all liability for the conduct of Enrichment Providers in the course of the conduct of their classes.
- The enrollment fees fixed for a class/module shall be shared by Smart E-Hub and its Enrichment Providers based on an agreed sharing scheme.
- An enrollment fee scheme and mode of payment shall be chosen at the time of enrollment. If there is a change of scheme, adjustments of rates will be applied.
- Smart E-Hub would like to encourage parents to take their child’s education seriously. Fees must continue to be paid regardless of the absence for any reason of the student, including absences due to illnesses and vacation, as well as an early withdrawal. When a child is accepted into a class, the slot is reserved for the whole duration of said program. Absence of students does not necessarily diminish the principal expenses of Smart E-Hub or the Enrichment Provider.
Smart E-Hub Parent Partnership
- Smart E-Hub believes that students can reach their full potential only if parents and enrichment providers/teachers work hand-in-hand. Just as every effort will be exerted to assist the child in developing his intelligences, every parent must also assist their child in acquiring both skills and personal values by enriching what the student has learned from classes.
- Parents are responsible for ensuring that their child has the necessary materials, technology tools, and connectivity, to be able to participate in enrichment classes conducted online.
- Parents should inform Smart E-Hub if their child needs special accommodations to ensure that the teacher is able to service the child’s needs. Teachers who are not able to service a child’s special needs will inform the parents.
- Students will be asked to put on their cameras on the first day to validate student attendance. If in the course of the class a student opts to turn-off their cameras, they will be allowed to do so.
- Parents may not record ongoing classes for the protection of other students.
- Parents are encouraged to provide the necessary support for their child but allow them to independently engage in the classes.
- Parents are responsible for ensuring that the class meeting links are kept private and only accessed by their child. The officially registered email will be allowed access into class. If there are changes in the email address used, the parent will be responsible for informing Smart E-Hub.
- Parents will be informed about any misdemeanor of students during classes. Teachers will be allowed to implement classroom management and disciplinary measures during class to ensure the well being of all students.
- All communication with Smart EHub Providers should be coursed through the official email of the Smart EHub provider and not through personal emails or text messaging to ensure that concerns are properly addressed.
- Parents should channel all general queries through email@example.com and not through private messaging of Smart EHub Providers.
Amendment to the Terms of Service
Smart E-Hub reserves the right to change or modify portions of this Enrollment Agreement. Any such amendment shall be posted in the Smart E-Hub site. Parents shall be notified through appropriate Smart E-Hub communication facilities or via an email notification or through other reasonable means. Any such changes will become effective immediately after they are posted and sent to the Parents, unless otherwise provided. Continued availment of Smart E-Hub services following an amendment shall constitute acceptance to the same.
Recording of Enrichment Classes
All classes under the Smart E-Hub platform will be recorded and will be saved in the Smart E-Hub drive. SMART E-HUB shall be allowed to use such recordings to help document meetings, provide comments to Enrichment Providers or otherwise exercise limited oversight functions, check attendance, improve Smart E-Hub systems and services, customer support, as well as reasonable platform promotional purposes. Availment of Smart E-Hub services shall constitute your consent to the afore-mentioned recording for the above-mentioned purposes.
Pursuant to the Data Privacy Act, this Policy explains (1) what personal information or data are gathered; (2) the purpose of information gathering; (3) how we gather and store information; (4) who we share such information with; (5) the period for which the information will be stored; (6) data protection and handling of data breaches; and (7) your child’s rights with regard to personal information.
Information we gather
“Personal information or data “ refers to any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
The personal information we may generally collect includes, but are not limited to the following: name, address, and other contact details, age, date of birth, gender, nationality, occupation, family background and history, previous schools attended, academic and disciplinary records, and medical history.
During the course of a student’s program, we may gather information on his/her academic undertakings, classes enrolled in, attendance record, medical record, etc. We may also collect information in connection with any disciplinary matter that your child may be involved in.
There may be instances when we will acquire other forms of data (e.g. pictures or videos of activities etc.) or generate statistical information. Online class recordings and student submissions may also be collected to help document meetings and attendance, improve SMART E-HUB systems and services, customer support and reasonable platform/program promotion purposes.
Information received by us will be disposed of unless they are relevant to any of our legitimate educational interests. If it is related to legitimate educational interests, it will be treated with the same level of privacy as the information you provide us.
Purpose of Information gathered
We use your child’s personal information to pursue educational enrichment purposes provided for by ENRICHMENT PROVIDERS through the SMART E_HUB platform.
Should we intend to use your child’s personal information for reasons other than pursuing enrichment purposes, we will obtain the student’s or their parent’s written consent for that specific purpose unless the student or parents themselves request us to use, process, and share your information for such other purpose.
How we gather and store Information
We may gather, acquire or generate personal information in various forms, including but not limited to written records, photographic and video images, digital or on-line material, or biometric records which we may ask you to provide to us. Personal data is stored and transmitted securely in a variety of paper and electronic formats, including databases that can be accessed and used by SMART E-HUB and its ENRICHMENT PROVIDER who have a legitimate interest in it for the purpose of carrying out their duties.
Who we share information with
We might share or disclose your child’s information to others in some instances as may be permitted to pursue educational enrichment purposes or as required by law. These instances include but are not limited to the following:
– reporting and/or disclosing information to the National Privacy Commission, the Department of Education and other government bodies or agencies as required by law;
– complying with court orders, subpoenas and/or other legal obligations;
– conducting research or surveys for purposes of institutional development;
– reasonably promoting the SMART E-HUB platform;
-sharing of information to other persons as required by law or on a need-to-know basis as determined by appropriate authorities whenever necessary to promote the student’s interests, or protect his/her health, safety and security, or that of others;
Period for Storing Information
Unless otherwise provided in other SMART E-HUB protocols, we will retain a student’s personal information indefinitely for historical and statistical purposes. Where a retention period is provided by law or rules, all records after such a period will be securely disposed of.
Data Protection and Handling of Data Breaches
– Limited server access
– Secured Firewall and Antivirus
– Secured hotspot network.
– Secured network resources.
– Password encryption
– User activity logging
– User access permissions
– Login failure delay to prevent robot software from automated login attempts
– Data integrity measures
Any data security incident or breach that comes to the knowledge of SMART E-HUB and/or its ENRICHMENT PROVIDER will be recorded and reported as required by law. We will take all necessary and reasonable steps to address such incidents or breach and mitigate any negative effect of such an incident or breach. If there is strong suspicion that an incident compromises a student’s personal information, we will notify you of such incidents in an appropriate manner.
Your rights with respect to your child’s information
As provided by the Data Privacy Act, students/parents have the right to object to the processing of personal information. Students/Parents also have the right to access their respective personal information, and/or have it corrected, erased, or blocked on reasonable grounds. They can also avail of the various remedies laid down under the Data Privacy Law. Should you have any inquiries, feedback, and/or complaints, you may reach us through our contact details below:
NAME : Patricia Valdellon
DESIGNATION: Enrichment Program Head, SMART E-HUB
E-MAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
OFFICE ADDRESS: 4 Escaler Street, Loyola Heights, Quezon City
Changes in the Policy
We reserve the right to modify our Policy at any time and will publish notice of any such modification on the SMART E-HUB website. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting.
Other rules of the SMART E-HUB not inconsistent with the Policy shall remain applicable. If any provision of the Policy is deemed unenforceable or void by any court the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the other provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.